Media Reframed: VCE Units 1-4
The ideal balance between theory and practice, written explicitly for the NEW VCE Media Study Design.
With engaging content to demonstrate and explore both media theory and practical production skills, this contemporary look at VCE Media supports a range of different learning styles and strengths while providing the depth of content needed for VCE success.
- Written specifically for the forthcoming 2018 VCE Media Study Design, this new student resource covers each unit in depth, clearly outlines the requirements of each Area of Study at the start of each chapter, and reflects the structure, terminology and objectives of the study design.
- The student-focused language and highly visual design makes theoretical content accessible for all learners.
- Engaging and contemporary case studies across a range of media forms encourage students to explore media theory in practice.
- Superior exam support includes VCAA-style exam questions, the considered and consistent use of exam terminology throughout, a host of practical activities that support the School Assessed Task (SAT), practical study tips, and strategies for approaching assessment tasks.
- The Interactive Textbook brings the study of media to life and includes a ‘Media Production Hub’ with examples of former student work and video interviews with their creators covering each stage of production. The ‘Media Production Hub’ is a one-stop-shop to model the requirements of the SAT for students.
Full PDF Textbook
Complete textbook [PDF 29.4Mb]
PDF Textbook chapters
Preliminary pages [PDF 0.9Mb]
Chapter 2 - Area of Study 2: Media forms in production [PDF 1.8Mb]
Chapter 3 - Area of Study 3: Australian stories [PDF 3.4Mb]
Chapter 4 - Area of Study 1: Narrative, style and genre [PDF 5.7Mb]
Chapter 5 - Area of Study 2: Narratives in production [PDF 1.9Mb]
Chapter 6 - Area of Study 3: Media and change [PDF 3.2Mb]
Chapter 7 - Area of Study 1: Narrative and ideology [PDF 3.9]
Chapter 8 - Area of Study 2: Media production development [PDF 1.9Mb]
Chapter 9 - Area of Study 3: Media production design [PDF 2.5]
Chapter 10 - Area of Study 1: Media production [PDF 1.0Mb]
Chapter 11 - Area of Study 2: Agency and control in and of the media [PDF 4.1Mb]
Glossary [PDF 0.5Mb]
Index [PDF 0.5Mb]
You are entitled to download and store these PDFs. However they may not be transferred to another party, including other students, as electronic or print versions.
To use the enhanced PDF functions, such as note taking, you must download these PDFs to your computer and open them with Adobe Reader 9 or later.
The PDF Textbook is designed for full functionality using the latest version of Adobe Reader. The markup function is available in selected PDF readers for the iPad and other devices using iOS. Check your PDF reader specifications. At the time of publication, Adobe Reader, Good Reader and PDF Expert were viable options.
Note that some PDF file names may comprise the ISBN and chapter number.
|You must have Adobe Reader installed to view the PDF files.|