Cambridge Hospitality Fourth Edition
Updated to reflect the new requirements of the Tourism, Travel and Events Training Package (SIT12) and the NESA Stage 6 Hospitality Curriculum, this new edition of the award winning series continues to develop the necessary technical and personal skills that are valued by hospitality employers in Australia and beyond.
• The complete resource package now includes Foundation Skills as part of the outcomes and continues to cover all mandatory and relevant core units of the NESA Stage 6 syllabus and the most useful and popular elective topics of the Hospitality, Kitchen Operations and Commercial Cookery streams of the Hospitality Curriculum Framework.
• Updated activities, career profiles unit summaries engage students through the use of relevant examples and aid exam revision while consolidating knowledge and highlighting areas that may require additional revision.
• The included Interactive Textbook offers videos to demonstrate key hospitality skills, multiple choice questions and a host of rich media resources and interactive activities to engage all students.
• This resource has been written by experienced VET teachers who understand the varied and specific resource needs of students and teachers studying vocational subjects in a secondary school environment.
To view a sample chapter, click on the file below in blue.
Full PDF Textbook
Complete textbook [PDF 113Mb]
PDF Textbook chapters
Preliminary Pages [PDF 4.1Mb]
Unit 1: Use hygienic practices for food safety [PDF 5.0Mb]
Unit 2: Participate in safe work practices [PDF 4.1Mb]
Unit 3: Source and use information on the hospitality industry and Work effectively with others [PDF 9.3Mb]
Unit 4: Interact with customers [PDF 6.7Mb]
Unit 5: Serve food and beverage [PDF 6.0Mb]
Unit 6: Prepare and serve non-alcoholic beverages [PDF 4.8Mb]
Unit 7: Prepare and serve espresso coffee [PDF 6.9Mb]
Unit 8: Use hospitality skills effectively (holistic) [PDF 4.0Mb]
Unit 9: Use food-preparation equipment [PDF 6.5Mb]
Unit 10: Prepare dishes using basic methods of cookery [PDF 12.8Mb]
Unit 11: Clean kitchen premises and equipment [PDF 4.5Mb]
Unit 12: Participate in safe food-handling practices [PDF 5.3Mb]
Unit 13: Use cookery skills effectively (holistic) [PDF 2.9Mb]
Glossary and Index [PDF 0.9Mb]
Unit E1: Clean premises and equipment [PDF 3.5Mb]
Unit E2: Prepare and present simple dishes [PDF 4.8Mb]
Unit E3: Prepare and present sandwiches [PDF 4.5Mb]
Unit E4: Prepare appetisers and salads [PDF 4.6Mb]
Unit E5: Prepare stocks, soups and sauces [PDF 5.3Mb]
Unit E6: Prepare vegetable, fruit, egg and farinaceous dishes [PDF 5.6Mb]
Unit E7: Communicate in the workplace [PDF 3.9Mb]
Unit E8: Source and present information [PDF 2.7Mb]
Unit E9: Show social and cultural sensitivity [PDF 2.9Mb]
Unit E10: Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices [PDF 5.3Mb]
Unit E11: Receive and store stock [PDF 2.4Mb]
Unit E12: Maintain the quality of perishable items [PDF 3.4Mb]
Unit E13: Follow point-of-sale handling procedures [PDF 2.7Mb]
Unit E14: Provide service to customers [PDF 2.8Mb]
Unit E15: Plan and cost basic menus [PDF 3.5Mb]
Unit E16: Produce desserts [PDF 3.1Mb]
Unit E17: Use hygienic practices for food safety [PDF 2.9Mb]
Acknowledgements [PDF 0.9Mb]
Glossary [PDF 0.9Mb]
Log in with your Teacher subscription to access the full Teacher Resource Package
Please note: The Teacher resource package does not include access to the PDF textbook. Please use the 16 character code in the front of your textbook to access the PDF textbook.
The complete Teacher Resource Package contains:
- Summary question solutions
- Multiple-choice questions and solutions
Suggested Solutions to Summary questions - Chapter 1 [Word 0.1Mb]
Multiple-choice questions and solutions - Chapter 1 [Word 0.1Mb]
Activity Worksheets - Chapter 1 [Word 0.1Mb]
Theory Worksheets - Chapter 1 [Word 0.1Mb]
Cambridge University Press has no responsibility for the persistence or accuracy of URLs for external or third-party websites and does not guarantee that any content on such websites is, or will remain, accurate or appropriate.
E Unit 2
E Unit 6
E Unit 10